Monday, September 30, 2013

Midnight

Midnight, medianoche, the first minute of a new day.  So many ways to describe the dark blue sky that appears black.  In many cultures, midnight symbolizes horror, death, mystery, etc.  There are poems written about the troubles and beauty of the thing that is midnight.  Midnight is time and nothing more.

I'm just kidding, I'm not going to get into that jazz, but I am talking about Midnight, just not the "normal one." ... Let me introduce Midnight.


Did I mention he hates his picture taken?

Midnight is my little kitty cat, and he's absolutely adorable. He's a little angry at me, because the one thing he hates is pictures. I swear that he knows when i'm going to take a picture, and instantly he turns into this dark animal with the glaring eyes. Midnight is not the average cat.  He's six years old, and has finally mastered hunting.  Before he was taught by his 'girlfriend,' he was the worst hunter.  He couldn't catch a mouse to save his life, but now he's the reason why we don't have mice (yay! Mice are scary :l)!  Also he's a cutie.  Midnight, again, isn't like most cats.   He invented 'headbutts." It's so cute! He just rubs his head against other people's and gives them kisses.  He loves being carried like a wee baby; he has jumped onto my sister's head seeking a seat, and likes being carried in the weirdest ways.

He's an interesting cat. His pedestal is human, and not a rock.  

He's a big brother to another one of of my kitties (don't have a picture right now of her, but she looks like him but smaller. She's gray and female.) and my handsome cat is a big ol' tease.  He lives to tease Smokie (his sister) and he thinks it's absolutely hilarious when she runs away as if there are toddlers chasing her.  Unfortunately for him, he's one of those cats who can give it but can't take it.  See my other cat is Midnight's 'love/girlfriend, but she doesn't know girlfriend' and she's an older kitty.  My little baby's a player and he knows it. Anyway, she will go up to him and treat him like a child.  She'll lick (clean) him and he hates it, but it's so sweet, because we (my family and I) all know he's embarrassed.

Midnight just giving me a hug :) I'm showing off my kitty!
Well, that's the story of Midnight, my handsome little husband (I call him my boyfriend, because I love him, I kiss him, and I snuggle with him).   He comforts me, makes me laugh, and his kisses make me smile.  He's been in my life since I was seven, and he's become a big part of my family's life (like meowing at the door wanting to go outside-at 4 am). He's also probably the sweetest of all my little kitties. I have three and he's definitely the most loving. Oh and did I mention that he gives hugs. He puts both paws around your neck and gives you a big ol' hug.



Here are some more pictures of Midnight.

Fireman! Firewoman! Firecat? Cat in fireman rescue position.
One last quick thing. I just want to make a joke about the picture on the left.  Normal people carry people in the fireman position, but not me. No, I carry cats like that.  He's such a cutie, and like I said, he loves to be carried in all kinds of ways. Okay.

Midnight showing off his glare (picture taking=grumpy cat).


"Bye," says Midnight and Emily as they scooch out of the range of the camera.  And I promise (going back to first person) that this won't be the last time you hear about my cats, whether you like it or not.


One last thing! They can't scooch out of the blog just yet! I (Emily) am in love with cats, in case you didn't notice, I kind of wrote a whole post about my cat... Anyway, I kind of loves puns as well as cats.  Puns including cats make my day, sooooooooo Midnight and I love this shirt (he loves it because I'm making him love it) and I so want it in real life.  One day, I will! :) Check out the punny (funny and pun) shirt and check out its pure (I don't usually say this word) awesomeness!  Once you see the shirt, people will realize why I used a word I don't normally say to describe a kickin' shirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment