Wednesday, October 16, 2013

No longer a thirt


On October 11, I became just a wee bit older. Though it's not a very important number, I am excited to no longer be thirteen.  See, thirteen is an unlucky number and one would be surprised at how many bad things happened when I was that glorious and cursed number. I hope to begin a new chapter of my life as I explore the wonders of being one year older. I think that birthdays are very interesting.  Why does one celebrate the day they came into the world? When did it begin? Where did 'birthday parties' originate?  I may not answer these questions in this blog post, but I hope that readers are interested enough in birthdays that they might find the answers to the various questions in this blog!


Let me tell you about my birthday experience.  That wonderful day was filled with so much happiness and love.  Every single one of my friends wished me a happy birthday and my bag exploded with presents.  One of my tongan friends, Alizah, gave me a wonderful Halloween box on my actual birthday.  The box was full of reeses pieces that I gobbled up in but minutes.  She also gave me fuzzy socks that are so warm and cozy!  I did not eat those by the way.  Alizah is the creator of For Your Consideration (the blog's amazing, so check it out)! One of my other friends, Janell, gave me an adorable light up Halloween snow globe and a heart necklace that I love/adore. Janell is the creator of Stop Making Sense!


That creep face that everyone loves.
Me happily showing off my beautiful iPhone!
Later that night, after school, I hung out with a couple friends, watched CSI, communicated with friends, and went to dinner with my parents/nephew.  We went to Golden Corral which was delicious, much like ambrosia.  The steak was divine, the corn was amazing, and the chocolate was out of this world.  My parents then did the most unexpected thing.  They gave me a present (not the unusual part) and inside that present bag was an iphone (the unusual part)!  I was so excited and surprised. Last thing I expected!  My birthday was pretty darn fun! Well adios :)

No comments:

Post a Comment