Wednesday, October 23, 2013

What I tell myself to get up in the mornings

This blog is the outcome of a blog assignment in my 9th grade honors English class.  One could even say that this is the baby of an assignment.  Now that I've written a short introduction about what I'm talking about, I would like to say that my English class starts at 7:30 in the morning.  What human being is up at that monstrous time? I am, because it's my grade.  Isn't it funny that I would bring up time in a blog about mornings, because mornings are not worth my time.  I've rambled on about time, english, and all the blah, blah moments in my life, and I'm sick of it, so let me cut to the chase.


What I tell myself to get up in the mornings. 


"Hello, Morning ," I usually say, "What a not so wonderful thing to see when I wake up."

Morning replies with a loud, obnoxious screeching sound.  "Isn't it a wonderful day!  The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and you're getting out of bed to get ready for school."  My eyes are droopy and my bed is warm.

"Goodbye Morning," I say with a snarky tone in my voice.  "You're not worth my time!" I snuggle back into the deep covers and let myself slip back into that wonderful dream where I can fly with
Peter Pan (he's so attractive, especially in Once Upon a Time...his real names Robbie Kay, if you're curious).  The wind felt good against my face and the air was a comfortable chill.
Me in english without brushing hair.
"Get up, you lazy poo." Morning's being her normal, delightful self. Ignoring her, I close my ears off to Morning and fly again.  With
out warning, the comfortable chill becomes a not so comfortable chill when Morning yanks the blanket off me.

"Are you serious, does it look like I want to get out of bed," I moan, trying to get to the covers back over my bed head hair.  "I mean, some people actually value their sleep."



"Yeah, I could tell.  You know, by the way, you stayed up till three in the morning last night," Morning reminds me.  "It's not my fault you only got three hours of sleep."

"Actually, it is.  Because you want me to get up now," Unfortunately, after all this pointless talking I'm almost awake.  "Fine, you win. This time! Now help me up." Morning reaches her hand out and helps me out of bed.

The Next Saturday

"Isn't it a wonderful day!  The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and you're getting out of bed to get ready for life!"  Morning says to me.  I punch Morning in the face and go back to sleep, never to be bothered by him again...At least during the weekend.  Monday is a different story.

"Isn't it a wonderful day!  Dunch (dinner-lunch) is waiting to be made downstairs, the computer is alone and wants company, and the day is half-way gone," Late-Afternoon whispers to me as he slowly carries me out of the bed.

......

The nice bow on the story, the good wrap up is......Late-Afternoon is better than Mornings.

1 comment:

  1. Your posts are too funny! The look on your face shows utter dread. I really enjoy your sarcastic humor!

    ReplyDelete