Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Bucket List

We all have bucket lists, thoughts of what we want to do in the future.  This post is about my top ten items on my bucket list. After collecting ideas and pinning Pinterest pins, I have compiled a strangely fun and eccentric bucket list.
1. To begin with, I've always wanted to skydive.  What does it feel like to have the wind crash again your face in an exhilarating manner?  What does it feel like to be completely weightless, floating in the air? What does it feel like to hug a cloud? One day I will find out!

Image credit here


 2.  This bucket list item is not one commonly known.  ZORBING! Yes, Zorbing. It's a real thing and it's actually pretty cool.  For all the hamster lovers out there, you'll appreciate Zorbing.  Zorbing, in it's most basic form, is rolling in a transparent orb down a hill or even in the oceans of the world!

Photo credit here
Photo credit here.


3. I'm so mad because this has been on my bucket list and I had two chances to do this.  Both times a big obstacle got in my way.  But I plan on doing it in the year of 2014.  Paragliding!

That will be me one day, after I credit this photograph here

3.  The topic is ziplining. Now, I've gone ziplining; I've gone ziplining through forests, through other forests, and at an olympic park.  It's all very fun, but the ones I went on were slow-ish and short, very short.  My dream is to zipline through the Amazon Rainforest.  This unique trip through the Amazon begins in Peru, and allows you to fly over the forest at whatever speeds you desire.

 This zipline is very excting! There are also a lot of other really
exhilarating ziplines here 
4. I am actually doing this item, but it isn't done, so I'm going to pop it in here.  Write a book! Since second grade, I've wanted to write a novel, and in the one I'm writing right now, I strive for 300 pages, at least.  I am 1/4 of the way through and I hope to have it finished by this year. 

Photo credit here.

5.  I think it would be wicked to become fluent in other languages.  I would like to become fluent in Spanish and Sign language. 
Photo credit here.
Photo credit here










6.  It seems absurd, but done right, it can be just like Yes Man. I want to book a ticket to anywhere in the world, or the first flight leaving and just go! Spontaneous adventure with the person you love, your best friend, your sister, etc.

Photo credit here
7.  Bungee jump! So I realize that so many items on my bucket list are crazy, fun things, but that's the kind of person I am.  I love the rush of all things scary, not that I'm going to jump off a building, unless done right as seen in The Man on a Ledge (sorry for another movie reference).

Photo credit here.

8. One of these is not like the other *sing.* Anyway, I want to own a polaroid camera.  I used one of these at my brother's wedding, and holy moly, they're so fun to use.  You can have an on-the-spot picture in an instant.  That's my kind of old fashioned camera.

Photo cred. here.

9. Again with the old fashioned ways of life, I would love to go to a drive-in movie! Luckily, there's one near where I live, so once it's summer, I can go :)

Lookie here for photo cred. here.

10.  And last but definitely not least (who knows, maybe I'll do another post about bucket lists in the future), I would love to explore India.  My friend and I have a far-fetched dream of going to India (birth place of our favorite book characters), and I actually really love the idea.  My friend, Alizah, is the creator of the blog, For Your Consideration. 

Photo credit here.
11. I told you it wasn't the last, so you can't be surprised I'm doing this.  Just because I'm a girl who has big dreams about love, I'm going to say this.  All those bucket list items about love I'm going to do too.

Well, that's my bucket list!  I have big dreams not only about love, but about how my life's going to go. I hope to be able to do all these things, and who knows, maybe I will.  Well, a dios le pido! Or just adios.

P.S. Did you notice I had not one, but two threes.  Gotcha ya!

4 comments:

  1. How about we complete the bucket list together? I think yes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude! I've been to the drive in down in West Valley! We should go together. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zorbing, zip lining, skydiving, writing, travelling and bungee jumping?? Maybe we really are friends!!! (Those are on my bucket list too!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gah now I want to write my bucket list! Curse your blog and its abilities to persuade me to do THINGS.

    ReplyDelete