Friday, May 9, 2014

Fifteen Things In Which I find Inexplicable Joy

It's so odd how the simplest things in life can just make a person's heart soar.  I definitely had to look deep within my soul to get these 15 perfect things that so exquisitely describe my happiness.
1.  Waking up from a dream and being able to return to the same dream.  Also associated with dreaming is Lucid Dreaming, which is a great skill to have! :)

Credit
2.  Tight Hugs: Honestly, I'm a hugger!  Ask anybody, and they'll tell you that I love to just squeeze the breath out of everybody. :) Plus, hugging makes me you feel so happy, and friend-y.

Credit
3. Listening to my favorite CD's: My sister, Elise, and I are into jamming to our favorite CD's in her car, and it's definitely a highlight of my day when we can blast the music!

Credit
4. When cats snuggle with me: My cat Midnight is the best head bumper and snuggler in the universe.  I'm serious, the greatest thing in life is when cats just jump on and cuddle.  It's truly an experience that one needs to have.
Credit: Me
5.  When I'm able to put two words at the end of my story: The End
6.  Lighting candles in a power outage: There's a huge flashback moment when I'm playing scrabble with my family by the light of a candle.  It also gives a rustic feel, and it takes the stress away from me. The whole world centers in on those moments, and I'm able to relax.

Credit
7. Listening to old songs I've forgotten about:  Everybody has those songs where they love and then as time passes, they forget about them until you come across them again, and it's amazing! That's one of the best things in the world-especially if you remember the lyrics.


8.  Laughing until it hurts: I have a lot of laughs: forced laughs, fake laughs, quiet laughs, internet laughs, and then there's my laugh-my real one.  One of the best things in life is laughing until your stomach hurts and you can't breathe but are still laughing, so you sound like a crying seal. 

Credit
9. Books: There are so many things to do with books that overwhelm me with happiness.  When I re-read a book and still am able to feel emotions after 100th time and still not knowing how I'm going to feel about it.  Or wondering when a book is coming out and find out it came yesterday-ish.  Or ordering a book online so that you can feel the book in your hands and smell the new-book smell.

Credit

10. Using clothes or sheets right out of the dryer: Do I even need to explain this?
Credit
11. Figment: I discovered Figment a year or two ago, and I love it.  It's a site for writers to post their work and receive reviews/comments on their work.  People like "heart" it or react to it.  It's a perfect site for aspiring writers!  Anyway, I love it when I get comments like this...

12. Being with my family: I love my family, and they're all so fun to be around.  Here's a little something for #flashbackfriday.
Credit: Fam. Member....left to right: James, Laryssa (sis-in-law), Josiah (nephew),
Dad, Grandpa, Me, Nick, Courtney (sis-in-law), Elise,  Mom
13.  Walking barefoot in the grass: I don't know about ya'll, but it makes you feel free or alive.  Sink your toes into the dirt or scrunch up grass in you toes.  Honestly, it makes you feel like a kid.  It's amazing!

Credit: Also, not what I had in mind in the beginning.
14. Reading old messages: My friends and sister are always sharing notes of talk or encouragement.  One of the greatest things in life is reading them and getting back in time or reading them, and feeling amazing. 
Credit
15. Rainy Nights: Oh my goodness gracious! I love rainy nights because they're mysterious, beautiful, and when lightning occurs, wonderful.
Credit
Okay, now you know a little bit more about me! Bye! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment