Friday, May 16, 2014

PsychoSmile

This blog is a place for me to share my inner joys and my experiences my freshman year! It's been an epic year. That I can say for sure; I've been through so much and come to grow in many ways.  My life is a book, so here's the summary.

I've made a lot of new friends, and gotten in touch with ones that I've lost.  These people are the people that have been my anchor and my net to catch me. Here are a few of the great people I call friends!

Alizah
Matthew
Leah
Sarah (Congrats on your acceptance, Sarah!)
Audrey
Avery

Next, after reading through all of the posts that I've done this year, I'm glad to say that I've grown as a writer.  It's fabulous to see the stages of my writing. :)

On a gloomy side, this year hasn't been the easiest one that I've lived.  I've contemplated a lot about my life this past year with some of the experiences I've been through.

But on a bright side, I've been a lot more outgoing this year.  I'm not the kind of person that goes to shows, concerts, and dances with complete strangers.  A big part of my outgoingness is all thanks to my gorgeous sister, Elise.

I read, a lot, and that's okay! :) I notice how one of the things that people judge me on is that I'm a total bookworm, and I like that people notice that-honestly.  Over the year, this one person is always joking around with me how my lack of social life is because I'm a reader, and I would rather read about my fictional boyfriends than be with real people.  Also, I was talking to my dance teacher at my recital dress rehearsal, and I was just watching the dances, and she came over to me. She said, "You know, I've never seen you without a book." I love that!

Contrary to popular belief, I don't have much self-confidence.  I'm kind of a background girl, and I prefer hiding from the spotlight as much as possible.  A lot of people will give me cute compliments or just talk to me, and I love it! Certain people are always there with a smile, and they probably have no idea how much I appreciate them because they just make my day better.  I know a gal, and her name is Jaki. I love her blog so much!  She gives helpful advice, and is such a cheery person.

I'm a writer. Plain and simple.  No poetic words to describe the immense joy that I get from putting pen to paper.  I have a figment account, and people there are so sweet.  You post work that you've written, they comment/review on it, and then you read their work.  It's a great place for aspiring authors.  I've gotten back into figment, and that's all I have to say.

This blog idea came from a soulful place in my mind.  I'm not always a glass half full kind of gal, and I think that getting in touch with my inner happiness has been a blessing this year.  Oh, and sorry this post was so jumpy, I just had a lot on my mind that I had to let out.

Umm, I think I'm done now.  I'm still going to be posting over the summer, and so it's not completely over. I promise.  I've got a lot more to say, and I still believe in being happy.  

Before ya'll go, let me share a poem with you that I wrote last year in creative writing. The poem is titled "Growing" by Emily Pearson.

i is a little girl.
i play with dollies.
my mommy is the nicest,
and daddy and I laugh.

I is in first grade.
I play with my friends.
my brother and me fight,
and my sister and me played.

I am a little bit older,
and now I play with dance shoez.
I spend my days reading,
and that makes my life funnest.

I’m in middle school!
I’m bright and determined.
Still petite as a six year old,
I kind of need a stepping stool.

It’s the summer between,
and I am exuberant about starting over.
I will attend junior high,
where my slate will be clean-hopefully.

I brandish my books 
for a whole new year!
Mirth is seen in the air,
and friends surround me.

I am a senior this year,
and I’m in seventh heaven.
My high school years will end,
and it’s a time of great cheer.

My college years have been a blast.
Ones that have been filled
with friends freshly made,
and friends from the past.
I am all grown up.


And because I am obsessed with Supernatural, I'll leave you with this....

No doubt-- endings are hard.  But then again... nothing ever really ends, does it? -Chuck (Swan Song).

Au revoir!
Pic Credit: Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment