Friday, May 2, 2014

My First Time

Does that sound weird? Usually that line is used for something else, but guess what, there's a new connotation for everything! :)  This post is going to feature my first concert! I went to Ingrid Michaelson's concert.  This woman is so talented and gorgeous and amazing! Anyway, story time!

The concert was on Tuesday and my sister, her friend, and I got our tickets on Monday. Procrastination much? Okay, so the concert began at seven, but the three of us went to Panda Express and Subway at a mall near the venue.  Did I mention that it was delicious? We then proceeded to get in line for a wee bit and that's always exciting?  The concert was held in kind of this run down seeming building-but only on the inside- because on the inside it was a real party!  We had to push our way through the crowds to get to the outer inside where we actually stayed for the duration of the concert. :p

The party began with us shouting above the music before even the opening act came on. We took tons and I mean tons of pictures (unfortunately for you, you'll only get to see one or two of them).  Mark (my sisters friend) was quite a hoot and so I kind of love talking to him. He says "oh my days" like honestly what a super cool guy!

The singing started with a band called Alternate Roots.  They were an interesting band to say. Actually they were pretty good and enjoyable to listen to.  After they sang for like an hour others came on. We thought that it would be Ingrid coming on but noooooo. That would be too exciting.

Another opening act came on called Storyman and they were Irish. I love Irish accents I've decided! That's pretty cool, the fact that you got a Swedish singer and an Irish singer. What are the odds?! After they sang about cats and such with their strangely beautiful accents, Ingrid Michaelson came on!

This beautiful human is absolutely wonderful. She's funny, happy, and has an amazing voice. I realize that it's kind of hard to explain a concert because sometimes you just had to be there. :p Ingrid sang some of my favorite songs and it was fabulous! She sang songs like Blood Brothers, You and I, Everybody Wants To Live, and others.

Ingrid also played the piano, the Ukelele, and this weird electronic keyboard. Actually one of her songs reminded me of the band from the movie Yes Man.

It's funny how everything seems to connect. Woah, that sounded kind of philosophical. :p

What also made the concert great was the fact that Ingrid was making jokes between her songs. And let me tell you, she was funny! I just realized that when I wrote this, I typed sunny which I guess would also describe her.

There were only two downsides of this concert. 1. The concert was a standing concert so I stood in the same place for four hours and man did it hurt my back. 2. There was this crazy girl who was not considerate of others because we were all tightly huddled and this imbecile was dancing like crazy. No me gusta. But besides those two things, the concert was a blast!

Ingrid was gracious enough to do an encore which consisted of four songs! She is fabulous! After we left, which was at 11, we went to the Trax and took them back to our car. Oh yeah, we had to take Trax to and from Murray to Gateway! It was sooooo stressful. :(

We ended up getting home at around 12:45 and we were sooo tired.  Well, that's my story. I believe it's time for pictures now. :)

Credit Source: Elise Pearson

Credit Source: Elise Pearson

Credit Source: Elise Pearson

Credit Source: Elise Pearson


No comments:

Post a Comment