Tuesday, January 7, 2014

School's out for Summer (jk, it's winter break)!

I have two glorious weeks of no escuela, and that makes me so happy!  Let us take a trip down memory lane, and see what I did over the break!

Let's begin.  Some of the top hits are interesting, but it's all very fun.

December 21: Stroll through mall stores picking out the best Christmas presents for mi familia.  It was splendid hanging out with my sister that day.  We partied, not really, as we searched.

December 23: My family loves to procrastinate.  My parents went to a tree farm and cut down a small Christmas tree.  It was nine ft.  Usually our tree is 6-9 ft. taller... It made me kind of sad but it was fun decorating it.

December 24:  As we all know, I'm a big believer in procrastination.  Truth is, I only got like two presents on the 21st, and I have 8 people in my family that I have to shop for.  So I ran around Walmart, Kneaders, and multiple other stores looking for ideas.  Later that day, I waited for my Elise (my sister) to get done babysitting so that she could help me make my parents Christmas presents (customized mugs: thanks Pinterest).  I had to figure out how to put a picture in this ridiculous frame that refused to be simple.

At four, my brother and his wife through a Christmas Eve party! It was pretty fun; we ate dinner, played games, did a Sweets Secret Santa, and talked.  The best part about the dinner was that my dad accidentally bought a ham that came with no glaze and was unsalted.  My grandma loved it! I loved it after I doused the ham with MUCH salt and pepper.

And then, the family tradition began.  My parents gave everyone new pj's for Christmas (not really a tradition).  Then, the real fun began.  As stated before, my family's a big believer in procrastination.  We wrap all the presents on Christmas Eve, and that's what we did this year.  Unfortunately, we had that party, so we started wrapping at 11 (we usually start at 9). We were two hours behind schedule!  My sister and I wrap my dad's presents fo

'/r my mom, so we had to do his and ours.  It was stressful.  My sister and I then did our own tradition and had a sleepover, which involved a lot of talking.  It was great.

December 25 (a.k.a. Christmas!):  The morning of Christmas, my brother and sister-in-law (Nick and Courtney) decided to wake me up with a wonderful idea.  I was peacefully sleeping on my stomach, when I feel a Courtney jump on my back.  Was it surprising, yes, was it delightful, no.  Another tradition my family has is walking down the staircase in a line as my dad videotapes us.  It's pretty nice. I got some rather exciting presents.  As many of you know, my sister went to Italy over the semester for a study abroad.  A little back ground.  I collect snow globes, and I have fourteen.  Now, while Elise was in Italy, she and my parents (they went over to pick her up for the last 2 weeks of her Italy trip) got me six new snowglobes.  They also got me some clothes: a scarf, a skirt, a sweater, socks, and some shoes.  I'm almost full Italian-kind of.   My family also gave me three new over-the-shoulder bags, which I'm quite happy about.  Clothes, snowglobes, books, and stocking stuffers galore!  My family went over to my grandma's house and we opened up a new family game that we got called Catchphrase.

December 30: New Year's Eve Eve was extraordinary!  My wonderfully fun friend Grace took me ice skating and it was exceptionally fun.  To begin with, I had to wake up early that day.  Like 10:00 so that I could get ready and eat in an hour, babysit for an hour, and still have time to get warm stuff together before 12:15.  So, I'm not that great of a skater at first, but give me time and I speed around the arena. We got there, figured out what size to put on our feet, and started skating.  I had to hold onto the rail, and Grace was practically a star with the way she was skating around the place.  I got a hang of it after like five minutes, but it was rather embarrassing to hold onto the rail at my age. The day went pretty great.  Grace and I were pretty good by the end of the day, especially after the zamboni came and   iced over the whole thing.  Remember when I mentioned embarrassment, well nothing compares to what happened after the zamboni came.  We decided to hold hands and go really fast and be all cool like.  And there's nothing like doing a whip turn (whatever you like to call turns) with your friend. It works about pretty well until I run flat into a chest. Yes, a chest, of an extremely attractive guy with his sleeves rolled up to his elbows.  Good job, Emily.  He starts to skate away, when he turns around, smiles and asks if I'm okay.  I'm okay physically, emotionally though, that's another story.  After I smiled and repeatedly said sorry, I skated away as fast as I could.  Grace was, of course, laughing at me, and it was, well, terrible.  After skating, we decided to walk around City Creek, and it was a joy.  I found a shirt for $5, but it was too much monies for me.  I went to bed that night with a massive headache.

This is Grace and I in a terrible picture ice skating. :)


December 31: New Year's Eve!  December 31, 2013. The year was filled with much happiness and excitement.  I ended the year with some pretty great friends: Alizah, Grace, Leah, Janell, Matthew, Madeline, and myself.  We ate a lot of food, drank some interesting concoctions made by two pooheads (Alizah and Matthew), and played a lot of Truth or Dare.  For Truth or Dare, I luckily didn't have to do anything to ferocious.  I can't say the same for Alizah and Matthew (both had to eat a spoonful of mustard, mayonnaise, syrup, and ketchup. Poor souls!).  The concoction that the same two made was delicious by the way, I almost threw up because of how delicious it was.  Thanks... Anyway, we played Sardines, and we ended the night with snappers, those noise makers, and such.  We began the new year in the freezing cold, because where I live, nights are cold.

January 1: I started the year off as a money maker.  Unfortunately, the babysitting job was at 8:30 in the morning, so.... I went to bad at three and woke up at 7:30, so four hours sleep, not bad.  I made $65!  I pretty much went home and slept for the rest of the day.  I felt pretty crappy that day. :( Until
mi padre decided to take my family bowling, so we took our cool car down to Heber, and bowled for cheap! I love old bowling alleys. Unfortunately, it was not my day.  I couldn't bowl to save my life. I ended with a 55, when I usually break 100.  I cried inside.  Oh, and there were attractive boys in the next lane over getting strikes every other freaking turn.  I hate them because they were just so amazingly good at bowling.  The next game we played I got a strike, and then the game shot down.  I ended in the lead, but the lane broke.  After bowling, we went and got Del Taco!  Mmmmm delicioso!

January 2: Sleeping in until 1:30 is always amazing!  Going babysitting three hours later is kind of cool.  I made $45 so I can't complain.

January 3:  I slept in again, and then Elise and I went to rent a movie, which we did.  We watched Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters.  It was exceptional...if you didn't read the books or don't remember them.  Unfortunately, I read it and remembered it.  Disappointing was the overall mood, but I can't say that, because I did like the movie...sort of.  I don't know how I feel about the movie.

January 4: Well, I babysat again.

January 5: My sister left for college and now I'm sad.

See you guys later! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment