Thursday, February 6, 2014

Delectable Desserts

What's the finest thing in the world? Is it friendship? Is it knowledge? Is it vacationing? I'm here to explain you that while those may be magnificent things, they are not the finest.   The finest, unsurpassed commodity in the world is the existence of delicacies and desserts.  My friends, I would like to share with you my top 10 favored delectable desserts.

10. Fudge
A supreme dessert that is eaten most during the holiday season. Tis a delicious thing and I am quite happy to say that the nutty, chocolatey, fudge-y fudge makes the top 8. 
Credit
9.  Sugar Cookies
How I love sugar cookies.   These mouthwatering babes of the dessert world make me happy.  The frosting on top combined with the perfect blend of happiness and sugar makes the world go round.
Credit
8. St. Lucia Buns
Speaking of the world, St. Lucia Buns are a superb type of bread.  The bun is a traditional food in Sweden that is eaten on St. Lucia Day.  I may not celebrate this day, but because I am Swedish, I simply cannot turn down such a delicacy.
Credit
7. Hot Chocolate
Rumor has it that my hot chocolate is the best, and I'm not denying it.  It truly is! Hot chocolate is best in winter when temperatures drop below -18 but if that don't work for you, then just screw with the system and have this truly scrumptious drink anytime you want. :)
Credit
6. Brownies
My family loves two types of brownies.  1) Our 'secret' recipe in our family that brings joy. 2) The internet known version of "Brownies in a Cup."  The family recipe is soft, ambrosial and downright perfect. The mug version is a filler-upper and is a good example of a 2 min after school snack.
Credit.
5. Mud Pie Ice Cream
If you take me to the store, it's guaranteed that I will purchase a container of this heavenly creme of ice.  It's chocolatey with blocks of coffee schtuff, and it's truly a beautiful masterpiece of food. This is definitely what makes me gain 4 pounds...I kind of eat half the carton every time I dip my spoon in it. 
Credit.
4. Banana Creme Pie
  Quoting the great Dean Winchester, I say "Bring me some pie!" This dessert makes me joyous. My grandma's banana creme is a flavorful, delicious masterpiece.  I can't get over my love of the non-Thanksgiving pie! Truly, I would eat a whole Banana Creme if my dad didn't love it as well.
Credit.
3.  Chocolate Chip Cookies
This cookie is common, but just because it's popular doesn't degrade it.  I'm not a good baker, but give me the ingredients to make this cookie, and good results will come from it.  In fact, you could pass out from the explosion of delectable flavor coming from my chocolate chip cookie. 

Credit.
2. No-Bake Cookies
The best way to describe this heaven is dough.  The cookie is literally just dough.  It's truly a good cookie because it's oatmeal, 3 cups of sugar, peanut butter, and chocolate.  It's...unhealthy, but I'm not a health freak so I have no limitations for this dessert.
Credit
1.  Home-made Oreos
I saved the best for last.  My nickname for this sweet is the Calorie Cookie.  Imagine two boxes of cake, powdered sugar, milk, and shortening. You've just gained 40 pounds thinking about it. I love this oreo! If you put this in a room full of people who hate each other, wait 2 minutes, everyone would be besties.  This is by far my favorite thing in the world.
Credit.
Before you go, a little quote.
Credit.
What's your favorite dessert? Tell me below in the comments. 

See you guys later!

No comments:

Post a Comment