Friday, March 14, 2014

Sounds of the Soul

Music has always been a big part of my life, whether it be my dad playing the guitar at night or me rockin' out in my room.  Music is literally one of the things that my soul can't lose.  It's integrated in my life so well that it would kill me if I lost it.  On that deep note, here's a good list of all my favorite bands/musicians/songs.


Credit
This band is such a good basis for my music love.  Some of their songs are covers for Simon and Garfunkel.  They're very creative and their songs always are able to lift my spirits. It's really hard for me to pick out a favorite song, but I do love this one though, as does she
Credit
This band is pretty electronic, but they're music is well sung and has great lyrical meaning. 

Credit
Death Cab for Cutie has always been a favorite band of mine...As far as I can tell, they're not a super well-known band, but they're absolutely perfect.
I Will Follow You Into the Dark by Death Cab for Cutie on Grooveshark

Credit
This band is simply a classic.  I love their music and their style.  They have a very changing rhythmic thing going on.
Somebody to Love by Queen on Grooveshark


Credit
Of Monsters and Men creates the perfect jam for me to listen when I just want to chill and relax.  It's one of the best things to listen to me when I'm tired. 
Your Bones by Of Monsters and Men on Grooveshark

Credit
I recently fell in love with band.  It's pretty heavy and it pretty much makes up the streak of "not my kind of music that I would usually like but do."  Oh BTDubs... Thanks, Audrey. 


Credit
70's music isn't always my thing, but this band makes my soul smile so much.  I initially got into this band after hearing one of their songs on Supernatural
Carry on Wayward Son by Kansas on Grooveshark


Credit
One day, I just started humming a song, and I had no idea who it was, but I looked up the lyrics and I found this band.  
Ain't No Rest for the Wicked by Cage the Elephant on Grooveshark



Credit
Much like AC/DC, this is part of that streak.  In fact, this is the band that started it all.  Anyway....
Enter Sandman by Metallica on Grooveshark


Credit
This music is pretty soothing and jam-type for me.  Much like many other bands, this style of music makes my soul smile radiantly. 
Wicked Game by Phillip Phillips on Grooveshark

Credit
Some good old 80's/90's music is perfect for everything. 
Wanted Dead or Alive by Bon Jovi on Grooveshark


Credit
I'm so jealous of my friend, Leah for being able to go to a concert of theirs.  It would be such a cool thing to rock to their music. 
Radioactive by Imagine Dragons on Grooveshark


What's going to kill me most about this post, is that I'm going to think of more of my favorite bands, and it's not going to be on this post. But, whatever happens, it's going to be Dust in the Wind. 

1 comment:

  1. AC DC is the bomb. And so's Metallica. Oh gosh, you like Death Cab For Cutie too? I'm kinda hyperventilating right now ._.

    ReplyDelete