Saturday, March 8, 2014

Laughter is the Best Kind of Medicine

So, the other week, something amazing to me happened.  I officially crossed off an item on my bucket list. I don't think anyone understands how much this makes my soul smile!  Now, this makes me pretty ecstatic because while I may not have gone paragliding or something crazy like that, I did see my all time favorite stand-up comedian!  I saw Brian Regan live!

So a few weeks ago, I bought tickets for Brian Regan (best hundred dollars ever) and then I decided to invite my dearest sister, Elise! We made the plans and she took the time out of her busy college life to come take me to my happy place.

Anyway, we left the house late-as always-and blared the tunes of Indie and Country.  We finally got to the venue, and we knew there wouldn't be parking for the building, but we prayed that there would be parking near-by for a good price. Unfortunately, we did not hit the jackpot.  We see all these signs that say "Park Here" so we start pulling in...then we see in small letters beneath that "for 8-10 dollars."  Elise had to pull a fast one to get out of that area, and so she continued to drive until we saw another sign that stated parking was good... if we handed over 15 dollars.  We said absolutely not to that one.  I don't understand these people who decide who parks where, like..."You can park here.  All it costs is your eternal soul!"

Finally, we found parking.  Of course, we had to walk the Sahara Dessert to get from Point A to Point B. Elise and I found our generous seats in the very back and up high.  For once, our luck wasn't sour when we discovered there were megatrons for us to look upon.
Brian Regan was in Salt Lake City!
You know those announcer guys.  Well, he announced the entrance of a stand-up comedian, but it wasn't Brian Regan.  Had Elise and I accidentally walked into another concert area that also happened to have a stand-up comedian, but it wasn't the one we paid $100s for?  Coincidences, eh? So, we listened to Joe Bolster-for an hour?!-but that was okay, because he was hilarious! :) We "DESed" at some of his jokes and we CALBed at others (you had to be there).

Of course, Joe left the stage-brief intermission-and there was Brian Regan.  This hilarious, epitome of funny guy was in Salt Lake!  We laughed so hard.  There was also a bit of improv which was cackle-worthy.  This guy knows how to joke about every-day inconveniences and funny moments.
A little laughter never hurt anyone :)
After we laughed our heads off, we decided that dinner would be a good thing to have.  My sister took me to this pretty unique pizza shop underneath a pharmacy. It's called the Pie Pizzaria.  It's kind of like an underground food place :) Anyway, we bought delicious pizzas.  I also saw some of my old graduated friends because it's a college delicacy place.

Turns out that it was possibly one of the best nights of my life. I'm pretty happy about it :)  Don't ya'll love sisterly-bonding :)
Can you tell we're sisters? :)  I'm on the left (obviously) and
that's Elise on the right!

No comments:

Post a Comment