Thursday, April 10, 2014

Country Twang

So, I've recently become re-obsessed with country music.  I mean, I've always loved country music, but I kind of went away from that stuff and went into my alternative y rock . I honestly adore the country rock and I'm a huge fan of endearing country.  It's so perfect in every way...at least for me.  Anyway, I must rant to you about this.

Credit
Okay, so the charming state that I live in is kind of smack in the middle.  With our Vernalians and our St. Georgians, we've got a fair amount of people who are country folk.  After all, we've got a lot of small farming towns and you know what that means.....COUNTRY MUSIC!

Credit
Stats:
People who love country music: 50%
People who don't like country music: 50%

I mean, we're pretty even, and that's okay.  We'll leave it to Wyoming and Tennessee for the obsessiveness.

Anyway, so with my lost and found love of this glorious genre of music, I realize that it all re-began with my country dance.  Seriously, after listening to country for like three hours, I realized that I still love it.  It's pretty nice getting back into the groove of it all, and I can't stand being away from it now.  Let me prove it to you!  I listen to it in the kitchen, in the school, in the park, in the shower (scandalous!), everywhere that I have wifi, or not, but whatever floats my boat.

Speakin' of country music, there's this attractive singer who goes by the name of Hunter Hayes and he's performing in a small town near me (I believe) and I really, very much want to go.  Not only is he kind of a very fetching guy, but he's also a brilliant artist of the songs.

Also, another reason why I absolutely love country music is the fact that my Grandpa used to sing country music, and it always makes me super soul happy when I think about the songs that my Grandpa sang.  AND......I grew up with my dad's Country Saturday.  Every Saturday, our house and garage is filled with the twangy, rock sound of happiness.  He doesn't just listen to it either, he plays  his guitar and sings.  So you see, was there any way I could avoid hearting country music?

This is kind of a scattered post, but whatev's, because it's a party.  Do you want to hear some of my obsessions?  :)

Oh and btdubs, country music is not just about trucks and such.  It's about lost love, finding love, trucks, partying, and about being happy. Don't knock it till you've heard it.


People Are Crazy by Billy Currington on Grooveshark Ol' Red by Blake Shelton on Groovesharkboys round here by Blake Shelton on Grooveshark That's My Kind of Night by Luke Bryan on Grooveshark
Waitin' on a Woman by Brad Paisley on Grooveshark Then by Brad Paisley on Grooveshark

Credit
*Before you say bye-bye, I just want to say while we're on the topic of music, my Symphonic Band went to regionals this Wednesday, and we made state! This is pretty exciting.*

No comments:

Post a Comment